Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nerve to Serve Weekend

This weekend I had the chance to join 16 teens from our parish, along with some adult chaperons, for our annual Nerve to Serve parish youth weekend at Camp Brebeuf. I am so glad that I had the chance to do so; the young people I spend with weekend with were totally amazing in their dedication to learn about service, but so too were the great Young Adults from Camp who led the weekend and were amazing mentors and leaders. So many of the teens have been part of Da Crew (our high school youth groups) since its beginning two years ago. I am so thankful for these young people. Please check out their blog (link to the left) and see the highlights of the weekend.

These are exciting days at St Mary of the Visitation. At times when I check out my calendar I have to admit I get a little nervous, but what exciting times are ahead for us. We begin our Tuesday Night Together series this week. Our Service Saturday Weekend is around the corner, our Dinner for 8 Couples Evening is on the horizon, our Children Ministry and our Kids Klub are in full swing and continuing to grow. Our Sacramental year is about to launch with upcoming parents meetings. Our Grade 7students are in the midst of their Leadership Days and our Grade 5 students are learning about our Diocesan Church by going on tours of the Cathedral in Hamilton. Our adults Celebrating the Word groups are growing...we now have 4 active groups... our Wize Guys men's group is expanding. and our Mother's Group is thriving...and our RCIA has 12 committed individuals who wish to learn about becoming members of the Catholic faith....there is so much happening and it is great....

One last point and I hope to tell you about it next week; this Friday we are having Family Night at the Gym. It is a chance for families to get together and just spend time....time playing games, having fun and just being with each other. I am so excited about this event because there is so much that pulls families apart and here we have the chance to bring them together. Please pray for this activity this week.

Most of all...come join us at St Mary's...we really do have something for everyone.