Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sacrament of Reconciliation

Lenten Reconciliation Service
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
7:00 p.m.

Monsignor Edward D. Sheridan, Vicar General of Hamilton Diocese, Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes, Waterloo will be Presiding.

Five Visiting Priests will be Present

SIX SIGNS THAT IT MAY BE TIME TO GO TO CONFESSION
1. I am getting impatient, uptight, hard to get along with.
2. I feel a lot of self pity.
3. I am afraid of the future.
4. I don’t marvel when God does good things in my life or in someone else’s life.
5. I would rather do anything than pray, go to Church or read spiritual literature.
6. My own personal sign ( i.e. trouble sleeping, not hungry etc..)

If any, or all, of these signs are present in your life, it may be time to seek God’s mercy in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

AN EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE

Do I think of God, thank Him, and pray to Him every day?
Do I participate at Sunday Mass each week?
Do I use the gifts and talents God has given me to help others?
Do I respect myself, and show respect to my friends and to the members of my family?
Do I give witness to my faith in Jesus when I am with my friends?
Do I accept responsibilities and do my work without complaining?
Do I go out of my way to help others ?
Do I thank those who help me?
Do I speak the truth to others?
Do I treat everyone fairly?
Do I apologize for the things I have done wrong or when I have hurt another ?

God, I am sorry for my sins:
For what I have done
And for what I have failed to do
I will sincerely try to do better.
Help me to walk by your Light. Amen.