Sunday, August 4, 2013

So What's New ?

Thank you for all of the emails which I have been receiving asking one simple question "so what's new?" I guess they have been coming in my direction because the blog has been silent for a couple of weeks. Well, it is vacation time after all, but also it is because I have been away doing a few talks and presentations associated with my recently published book "Are We There Yet?". I have had the chance to travel to Buffalo and Toronto and thank you to my hosts and to those who purchased the book. There are a few more speaking engagements being planned for the Fall, and hopefully I will get a couple more days off before September roars in. So What's New?

Well, the month of July went by very quickly to be honest. A good portion of my days have been divided between two places so far this summer. Our parish and also Camp Brebeuf , our Diocesan summer Camp and retreat Centre, where I serve as Chaplain. At the Camp, well the energy and volume are both high as  Leadership Camp for our (high school aged young people) and Residential and Day Camp (elementary school age) is underway. It has been a true joy and blessing for me to be a part of Camp Brebeuf since 2002. I am at the stage now that many of the youngsters who came as campers are now leaders and counselors. What a joy to work with them. What a Blessing to see them grow and mature.

At the parish it has been very busy also as our parish gets ready for a new exciting chapter in our history called "Generations". This Fall, we will be adding on a Children and Youth Wing, expanding our parking a little, offering new programs and opportunities to serve and expanding our staff. The Lord has been blessing our parish greatly and Generations is our attempt to continue to respond to the blessings. So my days have been filled with meetings, meetings, meetings and oh, did I mention, meetings as we try and get everything ready for the Fall launch of 'construction season' - which we trust will also become a season of Grace for us.

I hope your summer has been one of blessing and that each day you might ask the Lord - " What's New?" - I guarantee He has not only an answer but also a blessing in store for you.