Tuesday, March 11, 2014

How can I relate to You?

When evening came, Jesus arrived with the Twelve. While they were reclining at the table eating, he said, “Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me—one who is eating with me.”

They were saddened, and one by one they said to him, “Surely you don’t mean me?”

“It is one of the Twelve,” he replied, “one who dips bread into the bowl with me. The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.” Mark 14:17-21



Lord, You came as a person to relate to me. How can I relate to You? I want to know Your ways. I want to understand Your will. My soul longs for intimacy with You above all other things – and when it doesn't, I wish it would.

Help me, God, where I am weak. I tend to get pulled toward lesser things –things that distract me from the what matters most, things that distract me from You. As Easter approaches, help me to eliminate distractions and elevate Jesus. I'm not even sure what that means, but I know I want more of you and less of this world. Help it be so.