Friday, March 7, 2014

Lent continues


"But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer. Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?” “I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Mark 14:61-62
God, the whole idea of Lent – choosing to intentionally fast from something in my life – is foreign to me as a Christian. I’m so used to getting and having what I want, whenever I want it. The idea of fasting is actually is a little intimidating for me. Can I really do it? Do I even want to do it? 

Forgive me, Lord, for my selfish spirit. The only way I’ll make it through this season is with Your strength, and the only way my desires will become Your desires is if You change my heart. Lord, have mercy on me…give me Your heart, Your spirit, Your strength as I walk through this season of Lenten sacrifice with You.