Saturday, March 8, 2014

Our Temptation in the Desert


We are approaching the first weekend of Lent. We are going to be introduced to the desert - the symbolic illustration for what Lent is all about. So, we are in the desert - for a few more days - we know that fasting, prayer and almsgiving will be our only companions - are we prepared?

Read for a couple of minutes the following passage : John 3:19-20. What strikes you about it?


Prayer: God, what sacrifice can I make that would be a sacrifice? Every gift is from You. You are the Provider of every good thing. Everything I have is because of You. Everything exists because of You. What would I go without that wasn't Yours to begin with? What can I claim as if it's my "right?" Search me, Lord, and know me. Test my allegiance and my willingness to surrender. Expose what is displeasing to You. Help me to fully embrace what You have for me in this season.